Jerusalem artichokes are a hidden little gem in the food world. Not many people are familiar with them let alone know how to prepare them.
The are similar to a potato or turnip in that they are a starchy piece of heaven with a nutty undertone. You can roast them, steam them, smash them or grill them.
They go really well with steak or lamb and chimichurri.
Throw some fresh herbs on top and voila!
Boiled Baby Potatoes, Jerusalem Artichokes with Fresh Garden Herbs
- 6 Jerusalem artichokes chopped in half
- 4 Baby potatoes chopped in half
- 1 Handful fresh herbs chopped (parsley, chives, tarragon, thyme)
- 2 TBS 2 TBS organic butter
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Put potatoes and Jerusalem artichokes in a saucepot with water. Bring to a boil.
- Boil til veggies are fork tender.
- Drain. Add butter, salt, pepper and herbs. Toss and serve.