Last fall one of my dear friends and her husband had us over for an
Asada where they cooked a whole lamb on an open fire last fall and what happened at their house in the food realm changed my life forever.
On one of their beautifully, and perfectly set, outdoor tables was a cauldron and I’m convinced that anything served out of a cauldron tastes immediately more awesome. I lifted the lid and inside was a glorious mix of what looked to be olive oil, some sort of vinegar and herbs.
“Lorca?” I asked my friend from across the table, “what is this?”
With a huge Lorca smile she said, “chimichurri, you must try.”
So with that and a chunk of grilled lamb I did.
I tried the chimichurri.
And I promise you your life will change because of this concoction.
It’s truly glorious and goes with meat, veggies, eggs, salads, or just straight up dippage.
It lives on my counter and when I scrape out the end of it I immediately dive in and make more.
This is a staple on our table and one of the most requested recipes.
The Original Argentine Chimichurri
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 Small red onion finely chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 Bunch fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbs Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Several grinds fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve with lamb, steak, burgers, veggies, add to salad dressings, or use as a dip.
- It will keep on your kitchen counter for a week or so.
Leave a Reply