I was watching the Food Network when I was inspired with this recipe. I grabbed a pound of ground meat out of the freezer, went out to the garden and picked an onion, popped open a bottle of merlot and I was off. This easy recipe takes burgers to another level.
- 1 lb Organic ground meat (venison, bison, beef, elk, or antelope)
- 2 Large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup Chopped onion
- 1 tbs Ground mustard
- 1/4 cup Red wine
- 4 tbs Goat cheese
- 1 tbs Sea salt
- 2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat grill pan over medium heat
- Put everything in a bowl, except the goat cheese, and mix with your hands. Form into 4 patties. Press 1 Tbs of the goat cheese in the center of each burger, and wrap it up enclosing it in the middle. Grill burgers cooking each side 2-3 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Try This: A great way for family and friends to enjoy these even more is to create a “burger bar” where you have different toppings like mayo (possibly spiced), mustard, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, hot peppers, relish, and any other creative toppings that you can imagine.