Ok, what’s not to love. Kale is awesome (and super good for you). Caesar salad is awesome. And edible flowers are awesome.
- 1 bunch kale chopped
- 1 handful of edible flowers such as pansies, violas, or nasturtiums
- Two 2-ounce cans of anchovies (don’t drain them use the juice)
- 4 egg yolks at room temp
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 TBS mustard (Dijon or stoneground… not the nasty yellow stuff)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- juice of a lemon and a bit of the rind
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
Chop kale and place in a big bowl. Put all other ingredients in a food processor (minus the olive oil), turn processor on and drizzle in olive oil until blended well. Dress kale, top with flowers and serve.
I keep the dressing in the fridge for up to a week.
Use on eggs, toast, other veggies, or just keep eating kale salad cuz its great.