Ok, what’s not to love. Kale is awesome (and super good for you). Caesar salad is awesome. And edible flowers are awesome.
Kale Cesar Salad
- 1 Bunch kale chopped
- 1 Handful of edible flowers such as pansies, violas, or nasturtiums
- 2 2-ounce cans of anchovies (don’t drain them use the juice)
- 4 Egg yolks at room temp
- 1-2 Cloves garlic
- 2 tbs Mustard (Dijon or stoneground… not the nasty yellow stuff)
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- Juice of a lemon and a bit of the rind
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup Olive oil
- Chop kale and place in a big bowl. Put all other ingredients in a food processor (minus the olive oil), turn processor on and drizzle in olive oil until blended well. Dress kale, top with flowers and serve.
- I keep the dressing in the fridge for up to a week.
- Use on eggs, toast, other veggies, or just keep eating kale salad cuz it's great.