When people come to eat at our table the salads that usually catch people off guard. It’s not your typical iceberg and ranch dressing concoction – it’s a flavorful combo of fresh greens and a whole lotta herbs and edible flowers.
Simple Herbed Salad
- Fresh greens – baby spinach, kale, red lettuce, or mesclun mix
- 1 Bunch fresh basil (keep the leaves whole) or dill or parsley ROUGHLY chopped
- 1 Bunch fresh mint (keep leaves whole) or cilantro ROUGHLY chopped
- 1 cup Edible flowers like pansies, nasturtiums, calendula, chive blossoms, clover, or day lilies
- Place greens and herbs in a salad bowl and dress with a simple vinaigrette. Toss. Throw flowers on top, step back and enjoy the view, then serve immediately.
Leave a Reply